Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Holding You Review

Author: Jewel E. Ann
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 4.5 stars

Holding You by Jewel E. Ann, is just like all her other stories, EPIC. I honestly wonder how Jewel does it, because every single story I have read so far is so unique and engaging. She has definitely become one of my favourite authors in Contemporary Romance. Now if she would just release Dawn of Forever , I would be eternally grateful. 

I felt significantly insignificant, as if my presence in the world, albeit small, was still necessary. 


Holding You begins at the peak of life of Addy, a thirty year old vegan chef in Milwaukee. She has reached the point in her life where she is truly who she wants to be. She has an amazing best friend, Mac, and a great restaurant. She mediates, runs and sails.Her life has not always been perfect, but she is slowly allowing herself to live again. Addy loves being close to nature. One day, she steps out of her restaurant on to the street and allows the winds and the scenery around to carry her. In those moments, her life drastically changes. 


My soul is injured. My heart is shattered but won’t stop beating. You see the person I want to be, not who I am. I don’t fear death, I fear the pieces of my heart could be further shattered and it will still be beating. 


Quinn is a latin businessman from New York. He is visiting Milwaukee for a business venture. On his way to a meeting, he almost crashes into Addy who stands in the middle of the street embracing nature. He thinks she is crazy at first and belongs in the set of Sound of Music. This is the case where opposites attract. Quinn is money and power driven while Addy just wants to live her life. But Addy realises she misses being sexually attracted to a man. She then propositions him for sex.


“You’re like my favorite dessert,” I confessed.“I crave you constantly, borderline addiction, but I fear the consequences of overindulging.” 


This is where Addy and Quinn's story begins. It is a relationship purely based on sex at the beginning. However, the more time they spend with each other, the more comfort they gain. There is a companionship that is built. Both characters have dark pasts and are reluctant to fully commit. They are both damaged and slowly begin healing each other. It is a beautiful thing to watch. It is paradoxical that Addy and Quinn bring out the best and worst in each other. 


You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. “Te amo.” 


Jewel E. Ann wrote Holding You as close to a true relationship as possible. I could honestly believe this happens in real life. It isn't the type of HEA where everything is perfect after the characters are together. She shows the work, passion, drive and strength that goes into maintaining a relationship. She also highlights all the flaws and pain that can come from the same relationship. There was a lot of REALNESS going on. 


“Your caveman thoughts of jealously are the only distraction. They are distracting you from the naked woman trying to seduce you, so let it go, stop wasting time, and take me already.” 


Each character stole my heart! Mac, Addy's best friend, is a firecracker and adds humour to the story. She is as crazy as Addy and so intelligent and supportive of her friend and her family. Addy personality really made Holding You . She embodies all the strong characteristics a heroine should have. She is strong, self-assured and unique while still being vulnerable and personable. Quinn is literally sex on a stick. Despite his physical features, I fell in love with his emotional and contemplative side. He genuinely cared for his family and his friends, making him more swoon worthy. 


His expression was indifferent and his self-assured posture said he owned the place, and worse than that, his look said he owned me. 


While reading Holding You , I had permanent butterflies in my stomach. I genuinely cared for each of the characters wellbeing. I can't wait to start the second novel (it ended in a cliffhanger). I advise you all to read this. If you are looking for a contemporary romance with a twist, Holding You should be right up your alley. 


“I would … I would give it up for you. I would choose you with nothing, than everything without you.”



Find this novel on 
Amazon and Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment